“Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.” – Deuteronomy 15:10
Open Hands is a food and clothing ministry that operates in our church. It’s a monthly support program for families in need.
The goal of Open Hands is to build relationships with each family and share the good news! Families will have the opportunity to go through the clothing closet at any time, and will receive food once a month. The food ministry is held on the first Saturday of each month from 9:00-11:00am. Prayer support & financial counseling is available to all families interested.
How can you be involved in Open Hands? Here are 5 very important, but different, ways you can help!
- Most Importantly, PRAY. Please be in prayer for the leaders of this ministry as they seek to help and reach those who truly need it. The volunteers of this ministry as they give so generously of their time & resources. And the recipients of this ministry. That God’s GREAT love would shine through each person they come in contact with in this church.
- Volunteer! We need volunteers to help sort food and clothing, and, people to work the giveaway days. (always the first Saturday of every month from 9:00 a.m. until are done!
- Donate. We need clothes in GOOD condition, all ages & sizes. We also need specific food items (listed below). And, monetary donations are always welcome.
- Adopt a family. Each family will be filling out a specific grocery list each month, and, you can adopt that family’s list and buy their groceries. Along with the grocery list, you will also receive any prayer requests this family may have.
- Support a family financially.You can elect to pay for the groceries instead of shopping yourself. To support a family each month it is $60.00. Checks can be made out to HFMC with “Open Hands” in the memo line. You will also receive any prayer requests the family may have.
If you or a family you know would benefit from this ministry or you would like to volunteer, please contact C.J. Dyas or Kim Lohman at 217-532-2216.